Our CDL License School in Portland Offers Excellent Training
If you’re looking for commercial driver license Class A training in Portland, Oregon, Elite Truck School can help you get the right training for a stellar trucking career. Once you have a Class A CDL, you can apply for endorsements to operate a variety of vehicles. These include tractor-trailers, truck and trailer combinations, tractor-trailer buses, livestock carriers, flatbed trucks used to tow objects, and tanker vehicles. With the right endorsements, a Class A CDL license can also let you operate vehicles that fall into other classes. Successfully taking the Class A CDL exam can open up a world of opportunities for you, and when you contact Elite Truck School, you’ll find a path to the knowledge you need to ace the exam.
More Than Simply Commercial Driver License Class A
The staff members at Elite Truck School are experts in helping you prepare not only for your Class A CDL exam but for all of your exams. While Class A licenses cover the broadest range of vehicles, this type of license is not the only one of value. In fact, there are three different CDL license classifications, and each one covers a different transportation schematic:
- CDL Class A: A commercial driver license Class A permits the driver to operate a combination of vehicles with a weight of more than 26,000 pounds when the vehicle being towed weighs more than 10,000 pounds. Typically, this includes commercial vehicles with trailers or semi-trailers that have two or more axles.
- CDL Class B: Class B licenses allow drivers to operate a single vehicle over 26,000 pounds if the weight of the vehicle being towed is under 10,000 pounds.
- CDL Class C: With this type of license, a driver can operate a vehicle transporting more than 16 passengers or hazardous materials.
A CDL License School Should Offer a Full Range of Exams
Along with CDL exams, there are endorsement exams you may need to take, depending on the type of license you need and the type of vehicle you’ll be driving. For example:
- With a commercial driver license Class A, you may be required to take the double-triple endorsement exam or the combinations endorsement exam. These exams are often only allowed with a Class A license. If your vehicle has air brakes, you’ll need to take the air brakes endorsement exam.
- A Class B license doesn’t require the double-triple endorsement or combination endorsement. However, endorsements are required to drive a tank vehicle or a vehicle with air brakes.
- Class C licenses are unique because an operator with a Class C license must apply for certain endorsements. To transport passengers, passenger transport endorsement is required. A school bus driver endorsement is necessary for driving a school bus.
Choose a CDL License School with a Superior Reputation
At Elite Truck School, we have world-class, experienced instructors with the knowledge, skills, and experience to prepare you for your CDL test, whether you want a commercial driver license Class A or a different CDL classification. Our class sizes are small to ensure individualized instruction, and our commitment to our students’ success creates an excellent learning environment. Our comprehensive training program involves 160 hours of training that includes not only classroom work but also hands-on learning. At the end of four weeks, you’ll know everything you need to know to start a rewarding career in the trucking industry. What’s more, we offer job placement assistance, helping our students find work within our vast network. Our Portland, Oregon CDL license school is with you every step of the way, from obtaining your CDL to your successful career as a professional truck driver. Contact us to learn more.