Truck Driving School in Portland, OR
CDL school and certification in Portland
If you’re looking to make a decent living cruising the open road, truck driving may be just your calling. The trucking industry is always looking for more drivers, which means most people who earn their commercial driver’s license (CDL) have very little trouble finding work. Elite Truck School in the Hillsboro area strives to make CDL training as simple and painless as possible.
CDL training requirements
Not everyone is cut out to be a truck driver. If you meet the following criteria, you are qualified to enroll in the CDL training program at Elite Truck School.
- Age: We allow students as young as 18 to enroll, provided they intend to only work within Oregon. To drive between states, you must be at least 21 years old.
- Documentation: All students must have a valid driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience, and a Social Security card. Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Record: To enroll in our program, you must submit a DMV driving record. You must be able to pass an official Department of Transportation drug test and physical.
Class A CDL training program
If you’re seriously considering becoming a truck driver, you’ll want to know what you can expect from a CDL truck driver training program. Here’s what Elite Truck School offers.
- 160 hours of training: The CDL training program lasts a total of 160 hours, or four weeks. Much of this time is spent in the cab of a real truck, allowing students to gain practical experience.
- Modern equipment: Since you’ll be working in the modern trucking industry, it makes sense to train with modern equipment. Elite Truck School is proud to have some of the latest machinery.
- CDL practice tests: Your CDL instructor will do everything he or she can to help you prepare for your CDL test. Our authentic practice tests can help you earn your certification quickly so you can hit the road sooner.
The Elite Truck School difference
We know that many of our students have busy schedules—that’s why we offer both weekend and weekday CDL training courses. At our trucking academy, we also try to keep our class sizes small so our students can enjoy a family-like environment. If you enroll in our CDL training program or CDL refresher training program, we’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that you obtain your CDL. If you’re looking to obtain your CDL in the Hillsboro area, Elite Truck School is the best CDL training program in Portland.